Monday, April 9, 2012

Book Review: BZRK by Michael Grant

Book: BZRK
Series: BZRK #1
Overview:

A global war is racing. You can't see it, but it's happening all around you.

Inside YOU.

Down in the meat.

Welcome to the nano-the microscopic matrix where invisible armies will determine the future of mankind. Here, the ultimate battle is for sanity. Losing is not an option when a world of madness is at stake.


 You have to know that I am a HUGE Michael Grant fan. I love the Gone books.

First of all, look at this magnificent cover. It is very mysterious and fits perfectly with the story. I think it's ever designed in a better way than the Gone books(UK versions).

So I instantly picked this book up as soon as I found it in the bookstore. Because I love the Gone books, I had very high expectations for this book. Did it disappoint? Or did it exceed all my expectations? Read on to figure out.

I think the plot of this book was great. It was perfectly thought out. It wasn't at all like I thought it would be. It was much more complex. Much more unique. The story is about a world where there are nanobots and automatons. The concept of this story will blow your mind away. It actually took me a while to understand what exactly was going on. I don't know, maybe it was me, but I had to read many reviews and ask my friend who had read the book before many questions to understand the concept. At first, I couldn't get through the book, but once I found everything out, I was completely suck into the story.

The book was full of action. It had brutal scenes at certain instants (you would know what I mean if you've read any Michael Grant book).
I love the futuristic setting of this book.

What I really loved this book is that there's no protagonist or antagonist. Everyone has their own view and they think that they're doing the right thing. You, the reader, are on both sides. You can't really choose sides when it comes to the two opposing groups.

Some notable things in this book were the creatures Michael Grant brought to life. They were GENIUS. I don't know where he got his ideas, but they were pure AWESOMENESS.

All in all, this book was breathtaking. Yes, I did struggle at first, but I ended up LOVING it. With pain comes prosperity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment