Saturday, June 23, 2012

Book Review: Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Title: Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna #1)
Author: Kendare Blake
Publisher: Tor Teen

 Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story...

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father’s mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.



When I read the summary of Anna Dressed in Blood, I found it to be very interesting. I knew I HAD to read the book.

I'd like to really thank Tor Teen for providing me a copy to review this book even though it was out last year. THANKS SO MUCH :D

Anna Dressed in Blood is a ghost story. I've never really read a ghost story. No, I don't think I have read one. I might have, but I don't recall.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a very fast-paced story where you wanted to read more.

What I liked about this book:

1- When I read this book, I felt that the author was a smart lady. It felt like she knew about many subjects, and put them in a story. This was really interesting actually because I actually got to learn new things from reading this book.

2-Blake's writing style was brilliant. It flowed easily and  kept you captivated. I felt like finishing the book in one sitting.

3-Cas was an intriguing character. I liked him. Blake makes him realistic.

4-History. I really admired how Blake put up history. While this history isn't real(it is a work of fiction), it felt really real and fit with the story.

What I disliked about this book:

1-While I really enjoyed reading this book, I felt that there was something missing. It lacked that element to blow me away.

I will definitely read Girl of Nightmares when it comes out because Blake's series is adventurous and highly entertaining.

  

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this for a while myself, guess I need to get my hands on it soon.
    Also, you made a mistake. The author is not Kendra Blare but Kendare Blake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh thanks for letting me know. I always thought her name is Kendra lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book. I pre-odered it a while ago. And I've won Girl of Nightmares. Can't wait for the second book to come out. Hope it will be as good as the first one,if not better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe. I'm sure it will be just as good-if not even better :) :)
    What did u think of my review?

    ReplyDelete