Friday, November 25, 2011

Book Review: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Before I read any book, I check reviews online from Goodreads or other sources. As I checked reviews, I saw horrible ones, I barely found positive reviews. But then, my friend and some other people started raving about it, so I was confused. To read or not to read. That was the question. Eventually, I borrowed this book from a friend to read it.

It started off really weird. I kept thinking, was it a bad choice reading this book?
NO NO NO NO NO! And those who are accusing Clare of copying, they are wrong. YES, there are lots of similarities with other things. That does NOT mean she copied. I mean come on, people are being really rude. Like I said, you will find lots of similarities with other stories, but no story is COMPLETELY original.

Let's get on with the review.

City of Bones is about a girl, Clary who sees weird people called Shadowhunters. Shadowhunters kill demons. Basically, Clary gets involved.

The characters in this book are enjoyable. There's this thing that draws you to them. Some characters are clichéd though. There's lot of character development.
Jace is the main guy, the one who's supposed to impress the girls by being hot.
Clary reminded me a bit of Bella from Twilight. She was very helpless at times.
There are things that are revealed about the characters halfway through the book that will shock you. VERY unexpected. If you think you know the characters, then you're wrong.

There's lots of action and magic in the book, as well as different kinds of monsters.
The mythology in this book was very interesting. I was always curious to know more.

The best thing about this book was that it was a page-turner. It kept you on the edge of your seat.


This book has some negative things as well:

The book could've been a little shorter, but that isn't a major problem.
Some character identities were just disgusting. Pretty twisted.


All in all, this book was pretty fun read. I really am looking forward to reading the next book and see where the story goes on.


4/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment