Friday, November 25, 2011

Book Review: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The Son of Neptune. AHHH! Isn't that the MOST perfect and amazing title that Rick Riordan came up with?


I've been waiting ages for this book, and finally I've got my hands on this book and finished it.


When I got this book, I felt so happy and full of glee. The cover of the book that I have, the US edition, is awesome!


Anyway, here goes my review of the story:


The Son of Neptune, second book in the Heroes of the Olympus series, starts off like The Lost Hero. It is about a boy who suffers from memory loss. This boy is PERCY JACKSON! Yes, the one and only Percy!

I know, all of you have missed him. The whole book is about Percy :D!

I guess you're familiar with Rick Riordan's books, this book is no different. Maybe more epic.

The characters:

Along with Percy, we have two other demigods as well, Hazel and Frank.

Hazel's character was rather interesting. Her power wasn't exactly a good thing. Her backstory was amazing as well. I really like her character.

Frank is an Asian demigod. He's a very nice person. Funny and caring. His power, like Hazel's was interesting as well.

Ella, the harpy, was a very funny character. She brought lots of humor to the story.

The appearances of some old characters were very favorable. It was really awesome to see some of the characters from the Percy Jackson series.

The plot:


The plot, of course, is incredible. Percy doesn't remember anything. He and Leo are exchanged. He's in the Roman Camp.


The writing style:


I got used to the third person point of view and I actually really like it. I still prefer the first person point of view, but third person is essential for this series.


The ending:

The ending in this book is amazing. It ends with a cliffhanger! It's obvious who's in the ship, but do we really know? NO we don't! That's why I consider it a cliffhanger


Finally, torture starts! We have to wait ONE WHOLE year for the next book, The Mark of Athena.

Everyone, go buy this book. If you haven't read any Rick Riordan book, start his Percy Jackson series NOW!



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment